Having a well maintained roof and guttering system is crucial to increase the lifespan of the roofing and reduce the risk of damage. Problems with roofing and guttering are generally quite hazardous and potentially very dangerous. We often come across roofing issues that the occupants think is not as serious as the problem actually is.
Because a leak in your roofing or guttering can be a major threat to the building’s structure, which can lead to an incredibly expensive repair if ignored. If there is water pouring through the ceiling then this is a clear sign there is a major problem. Often a roof leak will continue unnoticed until there is a more serious problem, such as water coming out of light fixtures. This is obviously a serious problem and should be taken care of quickly by professionals.
Any work done on a roof or guttering requires a fully licensed expert to ensure that the quality is up to standard. If you are searching for a local team of plumbers that can handle your guttering then call Geelong Plumbing today.
Commercial Roofing Geelong
Our roofing expertise is not limited to the residential home, but we are also highly active in the commercial building space. Often called upon by Geelong’s biggest developers and builders, we have an exceptional reputation that we hold ourselves to. We are able to handle any commercial roof guttering project from start to finish.
Whether it’s a new project that needs a full commercial roof guttering installation in Geelong or Greater Geelong or commercial gutter repairs, we are here. If you are looking for a competent and professional plumbing team to handle your commercial roof plumbing needs, then give us a call.
Geelong’s Roof Plumbing Experts
Often, a service that domestic and commercial property owners don’t think about is roof inspections. Having roof inspections and roof maintenance done to a property regularly will reduce the risk of larger, potentially more expensive issues from arising. After all, a roof is the one thing stopping the harsh elements from entering a building. Roof inspections are a great way to help extend the lifespan of a roof and catch potential problems early, before they become bigger problems. Some roofing problems that can occur are:
- Mould - Mould and mildew are known for flourishing in dark, damp places. The space in a ceiling and wall cavities are the best environment for mould and mildew, especially when there are roof leaks. The problem can easily spread and enter central heating and cooling systems, spreading the mould into the building. This can cause all sorts of health problems and the mould can get into carpets, furniture, curtains and even clothes. If you suspect you have a mould problem then do not hesitate to call us now.
- Water Damage - When there is a leaking roof or gutter, they can cause damage to walls and ceilings. Not only this but a leaking roof has been known to cause paint to stain and bubble. The more severe cases are when water gets down from a leaky roof onto the wooden framing. When wood comes into contact with water, the wood expands and this can cause structural issues if the framing gets wet. If you see signs of water damage from a leaky roof, call now.
- Electrical Hazard - We all know that wiring runs through the walls and ceilings, feeding outlets and light fixtures. We all know that mixing water and electricity is an extremely dangerous situation. This is why whenever there are any signs of water entering a roof you must act quickly. If you suspect a leaky roof then call us today.
- Large Power Bills - The insulation in a roof is what helps maintain a constant comfortable temperature inside a building. When a roof is leaky and if the insulation becomes wet, then the insulation loses it’s effectiveness to keep a home or office space insulated. You may notice the heating and cooling coming on more frequently than normal, such as on a summer day the inside of the building may be hotter than it is outside. Another sign could be an increase in power bills because of a constantly running heating and cooling system. This is not normal for an insulated building and could be a sign of a leaky roof.
A list of roofing services we provide are:
- Box Gutters in Geelong
- Downpipe Installation in Geelong
- Fascia Cover Installation in Geelong
- Roof Gutter Installation in Geelong
- Roof Gutter Repairs in Geelong
- Rainheads and Sumps in Geelong
- Roof Flashings in Geelong
- Roof Vents in Geelong
Also Check out all our other services !